So your personalised house sign (or house signs!) has arrived. It is now time to fit it! In this post we will tell you how to fit your sign correctly. Depending on the material chosen the fittings you receive will be one of two types.
Oak Slate and Granite signs come with Black Japanned screws.
Our signs come pre drilled, so fitting the sign can be done in a few easy steps.
- Check your sign is correct before fitting. Any problems must be reported before fitting. Your sign will have come with 2 screws & 2 rawl plugs*
- Hold your sign up to the location you would like to fit it (We would recommend using a spirit level to ensure your sign is level.). Using the holes as a guide mark the surface.
- Drill out the holes and tap in the rawl plugs.
- Now it is just a case of lining the holes up with your sign and screwing in the sign.
Acrylic, Aluminium, Brass, Glass and Frosted house signs come with Standoff mounts.
- Check your sign is correct before fitting. Any problems must be reported before fitting Your sign will have come with 2 screws, 2 rawl plugs and 2 standoff mounts*
- Offer up the aluminium composite plate to your chosen location making sure the sign is level and on an even surface.
- Mark the centre of the pre-drilled holes.
- Drill out the holes and tap in the plugs provided
- Unscrew the heads off the standoff mounts, take the base of the mount and screw through the hole and the aluminium plate
- Place the sign over the mounts and simply screw in the standoff mount heads.
*some larger signs may have 4 screws plugs and standoffs
That is all you need to do to fit your house sign! In the event that there anything is missing form your sign please just email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through the websites live chat facility.
Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to find discounts and a variety of interesting articles plus fun games and competitions. Alternatively, visit me on Google+.
Share this article